Running on Empty


Running on Empty: Main Street Mystery, Book 1
Written by: Sandra Balzo
Narrated by: Amy DeLuca
Length: 6 hrs and 54 mins
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:09-09-14
Publisher: Sandra Balzo
Audible.com
Publishers' Summary
The debut title in a new series by the award-winning author of the Maggy Thorsen Coffee Mysteries, optioned for television.
Though a magnet to tourists looking for some Southern comfort, the small lake town of Sutherton - tucked so picturesquely into the mountains of North Carolina - has had its fair share inexplicable hazards. But when Daisy Griggs siphoned three pints of blood from poor Mrs. Bradenham at the resort's annual blood drive - well, that seemed to take the cake. And so, police reporter AnnaLise Griggs comes home to Sutherton to look after her volunteer phlebotomist mother, Daisy (of the accidental bloodletting). But the "accidents" only seem to escalate upon the reporter's arrival in the High Country, leading AnnaLise to question whether Daisy is truly the cause of the trouble, as everyone else seems to believe, or its target.
©2010 Sandra Balzo (P)2014 Sandra Balzo
My Review
Not the type of mystery I would normally choose, but, as usual, I'm looking for a new Mystery series.
After reading the publishers blurb I did expect to enjoy the book - somewhat, but what a surprise! I loved it!
The story is fast, quick to draw in the listener, it's full of interesting characters all described so beautifully that I easily gave a face to them all. I found it witty, amusing and clever, what more could I ask for? Well, a good mystery of course, and Sandra Balzo certainly obliged, I was quite surprised at the ending. I can't wait for more.
Narrator
As a bonus, I have found a new narrator to love, Amy DeLuca does the job so darned well that I shall be on the look out for her name. Pleasant easy to listen to voice, able to magically conjure up all the different characters making it so easy for the listener to differentiate. Age, gender, rythymn, cadence .... None a problem for Amy.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Audiobook and Book Reviews by Audiothing • THEME BY Maira Gall