Published January 4th 2022 by Ballantine Books

Molly Gray is not like everyone else. She struggles with social skills and misreads the intentions of others. Her gran used to interpret the world for her, codifying it into simple rules that Molly could live by.

Public library edition

there was quite a queue at my library and as everyone seems to be raving about it, once it arrived I couldn't wait to get stuck in.
Sad to say but for me it did not live up to the hype. Molly behaves in pretty much the same way as any other FICTIONAL neurodivergent with all the expected quirks of character, except that there's something else about Molly, something unsettling.
It's a difficult book to review without spoilers so, all I will say is this, for me it was spoiled by two glaring clues which made the outcome a little obvious

No comments

Post a Comment

© Audiobook and Book Reviews by Audiothing • THEME BY Maira Gall