Wedding Day Dead

 
  • Written by: Robert W Stephens
  • Narrated by: RC Bray
  • Length: 6 hrs and 49 mins
  • Unabridged Audiobook
  • Release Date:03-17-15
  • Publisher: Eleven 22 Entertainment
  • Audible.com
     
    3 STAR REVIEW
     
    5 STAR NARRATION
     

    Publishers Summary

    Edgar Allan "Poe" Rutherford's life has never been better. He's just relocated to Maui and moved in with his best friend, Foxx. And he's dating the beautiful and sexy Detective, Alana Hu. But Alana's ex-boyfriend just came back to town. He's charming, good-looking, and wealthy, and worst of all, he's driving a serious wedge between Poe and Alana. To make matters more annoying, Poe's stuck attending a wedding he desperately doesn't want to go to.
     
    Then a member of the wedding party is stabbed to death, and Poe gets dragged back into another murder investigation. This time, though, he's one of the prime suspects. Can Poe discover the identity of the killer before he gets arrested, and can he repair his broken relationship with Alana?
     
    Wedding Day Dead is an intriguing murder mystery filled with an eccentric cast of characters and plot twists you'll never see coming. It's the sequel to Aloha Means Goodbye.
     

    My Review

    This book didn't really live up to the blurb, so as a result, this is a short review. I was expecting more excitement, more tension, but it never really happened for me. To start with, the characters didn't behave in a believable way, in particular the two sisters. I also found it to be quite strange behaviour on Alanas part, I couldn't understand why she would bother to conceal a past relationship from Poe. The murder was of the obvious victim, and I will say, the author did leave the reader enough clues to solve the mystery.
     
    Perhaps I would have enjoyed it more had I read the first book, however, I don't think I will be following any more of Poes adventures.
     

    Narrator

    R.C. Bray is an ward winning narrator, and quality shines through. I thought he nailed the characterisations without going overboard, a good, laid back story telling style. I enjoyed listening to him.
     
     
     

     

 
 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Audiobook and Book Reviews by Audiothing • THEME BY Maira Gall