Letter from Wishing Rock

Letters from Wishing Rock: A Novel with Recipes, Wishing Rock, Book 1

Written by: Pam Stucky
Narrated by: Tiffany Williams
Length: 9 hrs and 27 mins
Series: Wishing Rock, Book 1
Unabridged Audiobook
Whispersync for Voice-ready
What would happen if everyone in town lived in the same building? Ruby Parker is about to find out. Her fiancé has left her and she needs a fresh start, so she moves to Wishing Rock, Washington, a small town on Dogwinkle Island in the waters near Seattle, where she meets a quirky cast of characters who quickly become family. Letters between the neighbors and their friends chronicle the twists and turns of the characters’ daily lives.

My Review

This just did not work for me, I don't believe this book works as an audiobook, why not?
To start with, the emails, I found it so annoying when the narrator would pronounce the re. -you know, the re for regarding on reply emails- as "Are Eee". OK, maybe my annoyance was irrational, but nevertheless, annoyed and irritated I was. As the book is all about emails, my irritation like Topsy, just growed and growed until I could listen no more!
Then the recipes, all in American of course, "a cup of this a stick of butter plus one tablespoon", conversion is not normally a problem, but having to keep rewinding as it were, in order to transcribe the recipes, well just too much trouble really.
These annoyances prevented me from actually listening to what may well be an interesting story, indeed, the book editions have some very good reviews so don't let me put you off.

Narrator

I thought the narrator did a good job, pleasant voice, good gender changes and characterisations.
this audiobook was gifted to me specifically for a review in exchange.

 

 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Audiobook and Book Reviews by Audiothing • THEME BY Maira Gall